Monday 6 July 2009

embroidered art

I decided to post my recent art after all. Somewhat hesitantly, but then, why not? As a disclaimer, I'm not suicidal, but I have been in the past, and have self-harmed in the past. I've found that getting these types of thoughts out as art helps them stay out of my head (which can only be a good thing). If these sort of images disturb you or prompt you to think in negative ways, please don't look, this is theraputic art for me and I don't want it to affect anyone negatively. So I've put a cute pic in to give you a bit of distancing.


These pictures were all done in soft coloured pencil on the thermal backing of an old curtain, and then embroidered with polyester thread.

contemplating death



suicide



self-harm

Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Kathy, your art is very powerful...and it's also a reminder to me of the power of being creative, the therapeutic and healing qualities--what a wonderful thing! Thanks so much for sharing! Hugs:)

Marilyn said...

P.S. cute kitties too:)