Friday 16 January 2009

25

Today's my 25th birthday. I'm quite happy, 25 is a nice number (very round in the mathematical world), and I'm in a pretty good place in my life. So to celebrate, I thought I'd try and think of 25 things that make me happy.

1. The darling munchkin, a 4month old bundle of joy and smiles.
2. The darling husband, who stayed awake through a 4am feed this morning, just to keep me company.
3. Sewing, I go a little crazy if I don't get this creative outlet.
4. Reading good books.
5. Owning good books, much better than trying to find a book at the library that I really feel like reading, only to find someone else has it out and it won't be back for a month.
6. Living close(ish) to my parents. They're only a couple of hours away, so are easy for us to visit or for them to visit us, which they do frequently.
7. Sunshine. Need I explain this one?
8. Spring bulbs. I love the way I don't need to do anything for them and they bloom with bright colours.
9. Taking photos. I may not be very good at it, but I love being able to capture moments. Anyway, I have a digital camera, so I just take lots and lots and hope that one turns out ok.
10. Colour. It's just amazing.
11. My sewing room. I have my own space where I can make mess and have time out and get the creative juices going.
12. Painkillers. Because sometimes you just need them. And yes, they come right after creativeness for a reason, cos sometimes I just do too much.
13. Real mail. Sometimes it's nice to get your messages in a concrete form.
14. The internet. So great for keeping in touch with friends and family, especially those on the other side of the world.
15. Our house. It's the first place since I left home 7years ago tht actually feels like home. It makes it great to come home to, especially since I'm such a home-body.
16. Puzzles, whether jigsaws, number puzzles, other practical problem-solving. I find them fun.
17. The number 17. It means anniversaries!
18. Music. I love the way there's something for every mood, and how it can be the focus or just in the background.
19. Family. Though they're spread round the country and the world, it's great when groups of us get together.
20. Dressing up warm and cosy in the wintertime, it was more fun in Dunedin where there's snow and ice and clear frosty days.
21. Shopping with gift vouchers. Much more fun than shopping with your own money when you're on a tight budget.
22. Still and quiet mornings. A great peaceful start to the day.
23. Learning.
24. Support from community, family and friends. It can help you get through the toughest stuff, and it's great to share the good things.
25. Feeling a really connected closeness with God, it gives such peace, and it's a feeling I wish I had more often.

So that's my list. What makes you happy?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! What a lovely surprise to find a facebook tag in my inbox, which led me to your facebook page, which led me to your daughter!(absolute wow-ness of beautful creation)which led me to your blog site, and to your birthday happy list (of which I share many of your points)to type this message of: Its actually so great to be in touch and get a little glimpse into your world again. All the best for you and Kyle and your little one. Bless ya. p.s Il write a proper email with an update soon. agape Jo Osborne