Saturday 17 January 2009

a birthday picnic

I had a wonderful day yesterday, and I thought it would be nice to share a few moments from my day. We had a picnic lunch in the Esplanade (a botanic gardens-y place), it was a lovely day for it.

Here's a few snapshots:

The little one decided to try to eat my sandals.

I spotted a little duck feather by our picnic blanket. Miss S was fascinated by the ducks, curiously watching them while we ate our lunch.


A discarded toy while Miss S played with her dad.


A lost balloon in the duck pond, evoking some somber thoughts.


After our picnic lunch we went for a wander round the park and through some of the native bush there, then headed into town to get an ice cream, well I actually had a sorbet cone as I'm lactose-free at the mo for Miss S's reflux, but they were delicious. After our ice creams we headed home for a nap (for Miss S) and a rest (for darling hubby and I) before a yummy home cooked meal of chicken nuggets and mashed potato with some fresh veges. It was a wonderful day, and with one of my favourite books on order, just what I could wish for.

A self-portrait to finish the day off.

No comments: